I love unique + uncommon ingredients and foods that seem to be mismatched. This Baked Egg in Avocado met the criteria . . . the recipe contained two foods that I absolutely love + eat daily. Usually, the avocado meets with the raw egg in my morning smoothie, but not today.
I saw this recipe on a facebook ad + was excited to try it. I keep avocados + organic eggs from grass-fed chickens on hand, so it was easy. With avocados, you never know if it’ll have dark spots until you open it up . . . I was pleasantly surprised that the avocado was beautiful + perfect on the inside . . . yay!
For quality DIY ingredients, check out my Essential Depot, my affiliate partner.
I prepared the ingredients, added seasoning + put the dish in a heated oven . . .
The result was a delicious + creamy dish. I don’t know about you, but I love a runny yolk . . . the only thing that would have made this dish better would have been a piece of whole grain toast to soak up the yolk . . . talk about good! I enjoyed this meal + highly recommend it!
Baked Egg in Avocado Recipe . . .
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice the avocados in half, and take out the pit. Scoop out about 1 tablespoons of flesh from the center of the avocado, just enough so the egg will fit snugly in the center.
- Place the avocados in a small baking dish. Do your best to make sure they fit tightly. Lightly season the avocado.
- Crack an egg into each avocado half. Try your best to crack the yolk in first, then let the egg whites spill in to fill up the rest of the shell. Season egg.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Cooking time will depend on the size of your eggs and avocados. Just make sure the egg whites have enough time to set.
- Remove from oven, let sit a minute.
That’s it for now.
@ J. Lexi, I want to help you have beautiful skin + hair.
Creative Director + Holistic Skin Food Chef